Best Practices for Boards
This document contains templates that can serve as a starting point for your board. You should carefully consider what the needs of your organization are and modify the documents to fit your needs.
Table of Contents
- Board Responsibilities
- Role of the Board vs. Role of the Executive Director
- Board and Executive Director Responsibilities
- Sample Board Member Commitment Form
- Sample Position Descriptions for Officers
- Organizational Life Cycle
- Board Self-Assessment
- Checklist of Materials for Potential Members
- Do's and Don'ts of Board Recruitment
- Board Membenr Types
- Sample Policies and Procedures
- List of Additional Resoureces
Click on the image below to download the document as an Adobe PDF file or Microsoft Word file.